- Children with cerebral palsy
- Children with allied neurological conditions. These might include:
- Genetic disorders which have symptoms similar to cerebral palsy
- Metabolic disorders which have symptoms similar to cerebral palsy
- Acquired brain injuries such as after stroke, head injury, near drowning incidents, encephalitis, meningitis, etc.
However, as the Bobath Centre is an outpatient facility, we cannot provide therapy for children who need in patient care or full time nursing/medical care.
Who would not benefit from Bobath treatment?
Children who have a condition which is not of central nervous system origin, i.e. does not involve damage to the brain, e.g. spina bifida, muscular dystrophies.