26 Nov 2012
The Bobath Centre
250 East End Road
Virginia Knox (PT Tutor), The Bobath Centre
What is it?
A training course covering goal setting and standardised measures suitable for use with children with cerebral palsy.
Who is the course for?
The course is suitable for paediatric physiotherapists and occupational therapists. Pre-course requirement: previous clinical experience of children with cerebral palsy.
To extend course participants knowledge of currently available outcome measures suitable for the child with cerebral palsy and to further refine their goal setting skills.
- To refine goal setting skills and their application to the child with cerebral palsy.
- To understand why we need to use standardised outcome measures in children with cerebral palsy.
- To provide summaries of information on different standardised outcome measuressuitable for the child with cerebral palsy.
- To provide knowledge of measures, so course participants will be able to select appropriate measures for individual children
- Introduction to Outcome Measures
- Setting SMART goals and practising goal attainment scaling
- Canadian Occupational Performance Measure
- Paediatric Evaluation of Disability Inventory
- Melbourne Assessment of Unilateral Upper Limb Function
- Chailey Levels of Ability
- School Function Assessment
- Assisting Hand Assessment
- And in addition information and practice using: Manual Ability Classification System & Gross Motor Function Classification System.
How will the course be taught?
Lectures, practical workshops and video presentations.
This course involves participants practising administering some test items on each other, therefore wear comfortable non-restrictive clothing.