Find support with our pilot counselling service - in association with LAPIS.
We have partnered up with London Accessible Psychotherapy & Inclusive Supervision (LAPIS) to introduce a pilot study, providing counselling to people with Cerebral Palsy and discovering if there is a need for this kind of support within our community.
Through this pilot programme, we’re able to provide eight people, weekly 50-minute sessions of psychotherapy spanning 8 weeks and starting in early April 2021. All sessions will take place online, and you can take part from anywhere in the UK.
Before the sessions start, you will have an assessment with a chartered counselling psychologist where you’ll be asked to complete some mental health screening tools.
You’ll be asked to make a donation for your sessions, with the amount based on a sliding scale of what you feel you can afford. Please be aware however that nobody will be turned away for being unable to pay.
The information and data collected from the assessment and questionnaires will be protected and processed in accordance with GDPR guidelines and will not be shared with third parties or made public. There will be an additional session offered following the eight weeks, where you’ll be debriefed and given the chance to ask any questions about the pilot study.
If you choose to participate in the pilot, we’ll require the following areas of consent. During your assessment session, the following points will be explained further with an opportunity for you to ask any questions that may arise:
- Consent to taking part in the assessment session during which you will be asked to complete some mental health screening tools
- An understanding that you will be asked to make a donation for the sessions, where possible, according to what you feel you can afford
- Consent for LAPIS and The National Bobath Cerebral Palsy Centre to process the information and data collected from the assessment and questionnaires, which will be treated as entirely anonymous and confidential in accordance to GDPR guidelines.
- An understanding that in any future dissemination or publication of the research, no identifiable information will be shared with third parties or made public
- Consent to taking part in virtual therapy sessions, which means that the therapist will engage with you via an audio-visual platform or phone if necessary.
- Consent that you will not publish online any part of the session i.e. screen shots, video clips and audio recordings or share it with third parties.
- An understanding that your participation is voluntary and that you are free to withdraw from the study at any time without giving any reason, without your legal rights or therapeutic treatment being affected.
How to register
If you’d like to register your interest or ask any questions please contact lisa.greenspan@thelapis.UK or phone 07747500957 and leave a message and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
As spaces are limited, we encourage you to get in touch as soon as possible to register your interest before the deadline of 12th April!