|Hours:||22.5 hours per week, flexibility offered, part-home working also possible|
|Rate:||£28,000-£30,000 per annum, pro rata|
|Closing date:||Friday 15th March|
A key role at the Bobath Centre, which houses two unified Watford-based charities: The Bobath Centre for Children with Cerebral Palsy and the Bobath Centre for Adults with Neurological Disability. The Bobath Centre is a specialist treatment and training charity dedicated to supporting children and families living with cerebral palsy and similar neurological conditions.
The Finance Manager will manage the Centre’s day-to-day finances, processing and recording the charity’s transactions and financial records, providing Sage reports and supporting the CEO in reporting on and analysing financial data. This is a part-time, flexible role, seeking an immediate start.
- Maintain all ledgers and data entries into Sage in an accurate and timely manner
- Manage the credit control process
- Process supplier payments
- Process and reconcile card payments and refunds
- Reconcile bank and control accounts
- Prepare monthly management accounts for both Centres
- Assist with the year-end audit
- Assist in the preparation of the yearly budgets
- Maintain the fixed assets register
- Responded to queries from budget holders
- Assist in writing financial reports to Trust and Foundations
- Liaise with other staff to ensure financial processes and procedures are followed and provide support when required
- Maintain petty cash and process claims efficiently and accurately, and undertake monthly reconciliation
- Enter purchase invoices
- Receive and check expense claims, in accordance with the schedule
- Prepare payments to suppliers for processing via BACS and cheque
- Prepare weekly bank reconciliations for review
- Prepare sales invoices for contract accounts
- Assist with the production of general invoices
- Provide cover for the preparation of treatment invoices
- Prepare sales statements
- Chase debtor payments
- Assist in the production of the monthly payroll and pensions processes
- Produce monthly intercompany payroll invoices
- Post payroll and pensions journals in Sage
- Ensure all funds received are banked, reconciled and processed
- Maintain Gift Aid information on database and prepare Gift Aid returns
- Prepare monthly management accounts and assist in preparing budgets, reforecasts, and comparisons against budget, quarterly projections, balance sheet summaries and cash flow forecasts as required
- Process debit/credit card payments
- Ensure that all purchase invoices, purchase credit notes, sales invoices, sales credit notes, credit card and petty cash documentation, trustee and expenses claims, documentation accompanying income transactions, are properly retained and filed
- Reconcile batch deposits from database to SAGE.
- Check and reconcile the totals worksheet of the monthly schedules.
- Undertake banking of any cheques and cash on a weekly or as-needed basis, and reconcile banking statements with cash book
- Undertake financial administration to support the team and any other ad hoc duties, as required
- To undertake other tasks, as required, appropriate to the role and grade
- All accounting up to TB level.
- Highly numerate with knowledge of bookkeeping and experience using SAGE accounting software
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a busy office environment that demands high levels of concentration while coping with frequent interruptions
- Appropriate qualifications or sufficient relevant work experience
- Understanding of accounting and financial management processes and procedures
- Experience in charity accounting
- Experience in management accounting including budget preparation and management
The postholder will, at all times, adhere to the Centre’s policies regarding Health and Safety, Data Protection and Equal Opportunities.
Closing date: Friday 15th March 2019
Please email a CV and cover letter detailing your experience and skills against the person specification to Felicia Willow, Interim CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date Friday 15th March 2019.