|Responsible for:||Receptionist / Bookings Assistant|
|Hours:||30 hours per week|
|Rate:||£28,000 per annum, pro rata|
|Closing date:||Friday 15th March|
A key role with the Bobath Centre, which houses two unified Watford-based charities: The Bobath Centre for Children with Cerebral Palsy and the Bobath Centre for Adults with Neurological Disability. The Bobath Centre is a specialist treatment and training charity dedicated to supporting children and families living with cerebral palsy and similar neurological conditions.
The Office Manager will keep the Centre running smoothly. They will manage the Centre’s IT support and provision, provide HR guidance and support, ensure the charity’s systems and processes are fit for purpose, maintain and manage the building, and be the go-to person for everything administrative required to keep the Centre functioning effectively.
Information Communication Technology
- Be the first point of contact for every day ICT issues and liaise with the Centre’s ICT support provider
- Ensure the ICT support is cost-effective and meets the Centre’s needs
- Maintain and develop the ICT infrastructure, making recommendations for necessary investments to the CEO
- Identify potential new IT tools to enhance the Centre’s management
- To ensure an effective information and communication technology strategy, which supports the needs and functions of the Centres
- Ensure development of all staff expertise in the use of ICT to support the Centres’ activities
- Draft contracts of employment based on existing templates
- Undertake and ensure performance appraisals for direct reports, and provide support to other managers to ensure all performance appraisals are done on time and to a good standard.
- Co-ordinate applications to the Disclosure and Barring Service
- Assist with the recording and monitoring of employee absence
- Manage the leave system
- Support the Centres’ recruitment and retention of employees and volunteers, learning and development and pay and reward structures
- Update the Centres’ policies and procedures, ensuring they support the Centres’ and employees’ and volunteers’ needs, in response to changing legislation and environmental factors and best practice
- Manage the Receptionist / Bookings Assistant
- Seek quotes for appropriate support contracts as required
- Ensure the building is cleaned to an adequate standard, and manage the relationship with the external cleaners
- Ensure that repairs are made when needed
- Maintain a safe environment for staff and clients
- Ensure that the cyclical maintenance plan is updated and implemented
- Make recommendations to the CEO for works and expenditure on building services when necessary, seeking the best possible price for the work needed
- To keep abreast of Health and Safety legislation, maintain and develop appropriate Health and Safety Policies for the Centres
- To ensure all staff are made aware of the Centre’s Health and Safety Policy needs and procedures
- To monitor premises contracts and oversee negotiations with external contractors to ensure the Centres receives quality services and value for money
- To be responsible for general security arrangements at the Centre
- Monitor equipment contracts and oversee negotiations with external contractors to ensure the Centres receive quality services and value for money in collaboration with other relevant staff and the CEO
- Monitor Health and Safety.
- Provide back up for reception when required
- Manage telephone and email enquiries
- Provide ad-hoc administrative support to the Senior Management Team
- Ensure compliance with GDPR in all aspects of work
- Undertake administrative tasks of a general nature if required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a busy office environment that demands high levels of concentration while coping with frequent interruptions
- Appropriate qualifications or sufficient relevant work experience
- Understanding of, and experience in, office management
- Able to multi-task and provide support to others throughout the organisation, keeping the environment they work in safe, effective and tailored to the charity’s needs.
The postholder will, at all times, adhere to the Centre’s policies regarding Health and Safety, Data Protection and Equal Opportunities.
Closing date: Friday 15th March 2019
Please email a CV and cover letter detailing your experience and skills against the person specification to Felicia Willow, Interim CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date Friday 15th March 2019.