I attended the Basic 8-week course a long time ago and this has re-motivated me!
Monday 11 December 2017 to Tuesday 12 December 2017
Virginia Knox (PT Tutor) The Bobath Centre & Marissa Mount (OT) Bobath Children’s Therapy Centre Wales
What is it?
This is a two day workshop covering the different types of children with hemiplegia from 0 – 16 years.
Who is the course for?
The course is suitable for paediatric physiotherapists and occupational therapists who are working with children with cerebral palsy.
- To identify the various types of hemiplegia in childhood.
- To provide an overview of the different clinical presentations relating to movement and sensation and describe some of the most common perceptuomotor difficulties in such children.
- To demonstrate the importance of teamwork in addressing these problems.
Course participants will be able to:
- Identify and / or describe the different presentations of hemiplegia.
- Discuss how sensori motor difficulties affect motor ability.
- Discuss the importance of shoulder girdle stability in relation to mobile arm support.
- Facilitate key sequences of movement, relevant to the child with hemiplegia.
- State some of the principles of treatment for the different presentations of hemiplegia in childhood, and give examples of treatment ideas.
How will the course be taught?
The course will be taught between physiotherapy and occupational therapy tutors in a series of lectures, practical workshops, treatment demonstrations and/or video presentations.