Thank you for a great course Virginia!
Tuesday 21 November 2017
Virginia Knox, The Bobath Centre
What is it?
This is a training course covering goal setting and standardised measures suitable for use with children with cerebral palsy and allied neurological conditions.
Who is the course for?
The course is suitable for paediatric physiotherapists and occupational therapists who have prior clinical experience working with children with cerebral palsy.
To extend participants knowledge of available outcome measures suitable for the child with cerebral palsy (CP) or similar neurological conditions and to further refine their goal setting skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key characteristics of outcome measures.
- Describe a range of standardised outcome measures suitable for measuring gross motor, fine motor and other aspects of function and quality of life in children within the cerebral palsy spectrum.
- Set 'SMART' goals for children with cerebral palsy according to Goal Attainment Scaling (GAS).
- Individualised goal setting measures
- Quality of life measures
- Measures of gross motor function
- Measures of upper limb function
- Daily life skills and participation measures
How will the course be taught?
The course will include lectures, practical workshops and video presentations.
This course involves participants practising administering some test items on each other, therefore they should wear comfortable non-restrictive clothing.