Thursday 01 March 2018 to Friday 02 March 2018
Athena Logothetis (Occupational Therapist) and Ingrid Vriend (Occupational Therapist and Bobath Tutor) The Bobath Centre
What is it?
This two day course will explore the development and importance of play, how we can use it effectively in therapy and how we can facilitate increased levels of participation in play for children who have cerebral palsy.
Who is the course for?
The course is suitable for Therapy Assistants who are working with children who have cerebral palsy. The course is appropriate for assistants who want to improve their ability to play with children and facilitate their enjoyment of this developmentally appropriate activity.
- To provide an overview of play and its role in many areas of typical development
- To explore the use of play in therapy
- To inspire creativity in play
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the different types of play
- Explain some of the barriers to play that children who have cerebral palsy encounter
- Demonstrate the use of play to facilitate movement
- Problem solve a variety of ways to provide children who have cerebral palsy access to play activities
How will the course be taught?
The workshop will include lectures, treatment demonstrations, case studies, practical exercises and problem solving sessions.